His Majesty Norodom Sihamoni, King of Cambodia, presided over here this afternoon Water Festival, along with National Assembly President Samdech Akka Moha Ponhea Chakrei Heng Samrin, Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, senators, lawmakers, senior government officials as well as foreign diplomats to Cambodia.
Boat racing, one of the biggest events of the ceremony, began at 11:00 am with 125 pairs of boats for 1,700-meter distance, along the Tonle Sap River.
According to the Committee for Organizing National and International Festivals, the celebration has been attended by 248 boats and some 17,420 boat rowers.
The number of this year’s boats is less than 2010’s, some 179 boats, said the committee.
Besides boat racing, 10 illuminated boats from public institutions including Royal Palace, Senate, National Assembly, Government, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of National Defense, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Tourism, and the Phnom Penh Municipality, are expected to join in the festival, starting from this evening until Friday, together with setting off the fireworks.
- Cambodian PM Receives S. Korean DPM
- Cambodian PM Holds Talks with Chinese President
- Cambodia To Open Embassy in Egypt
- Cambodian PM Attends the Opening of Asian African Summit in Indonesia
- Cambodian PM Holds Talks with Indonesian President
- Cambodia Breaks Guinness World Record for Largest Madison Dance
- PM Presides Over the Opening of Angkor Sankranta 2015
- Cambodian “Nom Ansorm” Earns Guinness World Record
- Nine New Members Elected for NEC
- សម្តេចតេជោប្រគល់រង្វាន់ដល់ម្ចាស់មេដាយ មាសពិភពលោកប្រភេទកីឡាប៉េតង់